The challenge for day 2 was definitely more difficult for my personal blog. I have already come up with several of these types of posts for RentMonitor
so I did not bother with another one. Instead I really tried to think about what to do for Secret Life of D.
So here, in no particular order, are the top 20 things on my life list.
1. Learn a foreign language – I studied Spanish in high school and would love to be fluent (bonus if combined with #9).
2. Travel to 6 continents – I’d like to say all 7, but I really have no desire to see Antarctica. I have 4 to go – Europe, Asia, Australia, and Africa.
3. Grow veggies – I’d love to have a garden someday where I grow lots of fruit and vegetables. Tried a balcony garden in Chicago last year and failed miserably.
4. Hike the Grand Canyon – Now that I live in Colorado, this includes hike a 14er. I will keep these grouped as they seem pretty similar to me.
5. Have a food fight – I have always wanted to have a full-out food fight like in the movies.
6. Ride a motorcycle up the California coast – Beautiful scenery on a motorcycle with B just seems like such a classically great thing to do.
7. Go white water rafting – This should be easy to knock off the list next May or June.
8. Learn to fly a plane – I love all things flying (think trapeze, bungee jumping, zip lining, etc.) and would love to learn to fly. The bonus here would be to someday own the plane.
9. Live in a foreign country – It would be so much easier to complete #1 if I could pull this off. Maybe B & I could return to Argentina or hit up Spain for a few months.
10. Find a signature drink – I have not found the perfect cocktail for me yet. I would love to walk into a bar, know exactly what I want to order each time and not hem and haw when asked.
11. Read one non-fiction and one fiction book each month – This is a continuing goal for me. There is so much knowledge in the world that I want to soak up. I also love the escape of a good fiction book.
12. Learn to be comfortable by myself – I am an extrovert and have a hard time being alone. I’d like to work on this.
13. Break the rules sometimes – I’m not sure why I am afraid to break rules if they’re not illegal and there are very few consequences.
14. Own my own company – I currently do own my own company, but the real goal is for the business to make enough money to pay me to live and then some.
15. Go on a yoga retreat – preferably on a beach and for at least a week.
16. Get in really good shape – I want to make time to do something physical everyday.
17. Be quiet each day – Meditation, quiet time or whatever else you want to call it, I want to sit and quiet my mind for at least 10 minutes each day.
18. Learn how to defend myself – As the song goes, “ooh baby, it’s a wild world” and I’d like to learn to protect myself a bit better.
19. Find the good in everyone – Even when someone rubs me the wrong way, I’d like to find at least one good quality in them instead of dismissing them.
20. Learn how to ask for help – I have a hard time knowing what I need and asking for help. My goal is to ask more questions even if I think they seem trivial.
So that’s it. My top 20, at least for right now.
What are some things on your life list? Do we have any in common?