Whew! It’s been a super busy year. Moving across the country, starting a business, visiting family and getting married in January – we have been all over the place. With the frequent flier miles adding up, here are the ten places we have visited (or lived in) that meant the most to us in 2010…
- Bucerias, Mexico – On a scouting trip for our wedding we made some new friends while sitting on the beach and tasting tequila.
- Boulder, Colorado – We were invited out to meet the TechStars crew and fell in love with the city. Thankfully we were accepted into the program so our hearts were not broken.
- Chicago, Illinois – As our home for 5.5 years, we were sad to leave our friends and careers behind in April of this year. When one chapter ends, another begins. We are looking forward to visiting soon.
- Pismo Beach, California – One of my good friends was married here on top of a cliff overlooking the ocean. It was a beautiful wedding and wonderful time to reconnect with old friends.
- Long Beach, California – My birthplace. It’s always great to go back and visit family. Our ritual every time includes a stop at In N Out on our way home from the airport and the most amazing burritos at Nick’s Deli in Seal Beach.
- Waterloo, Iowa – B’s birthplace. As much as I enjoy visiting my family, I look forward to spending time with his just as much. I am so lucky that I love my future in-laws. Visiting here is always a nice break to our busy routine.
- Fort Worth, Texas – The fist time back to Waterloo since graduation from TCU was a blast. B reunited with his band from college and we got to tour the campus, which has changed so much in such a short time. They also tore down the old football stadium recently so I am glad we got one last peek.
- Estes Park, Colorado – My mom came to visit for the first time and we drove up to Estes Park. It was so beautiful and it was wonderful to get some girl time with my mama.
- Rocky Mountains, Colorado – We love to snowboard so this year we invested in season passes. We have already been up several times and could not be happier.
- New York City, New York – Our trip to the Big Apple was due to a TechStars reunion with all of the alumni, but it was an added perk that we were able to stay with some good friends while in town.
Where are some special places you visited in 2010? They do not need to be all over the map like were were. Are there local gems that light up your week?
This post is part of the December challenge by Jade at Now That I’m No Longer 25 that I have tried to keep up with. Bear with me as I play catch up. This seems to be a theme for my year – taking on too much at once and catching up when I have a moment to take a breath.