Last day of juicing = fancy glass!

The alarm went off early this morning and I jump up excitedly knowing I could eat solid food today! Yippee! But, first thing was first. I grabbed my measuring tape and jumped on the scale. Here are the results after 10 days of only drinking fruits and vegetable juices. By the way I CANNOT believe I am about to post my weight online for all to see! Now I know some of you will balk at this because I have never been overweight, but it’s a very personal thing for me and I am feeling very vulnerable right now. Good thing is, I feel great, and have not weighed this little since high school – not even on my wedding day – so I guess I should be happy shouting it from the rooftops, but I’m still apprehensive. We’ll see where my weight stands next week after I’m eating again.

OK, enough stalling, here we go…

10-day juice fast results

What?!? I lost 8.2 lbs, 1.5″ off my hips, 2″ off my waist, 1.5″ off each of my thighs, .5″ off my arms, and 1″ off my chest (although, I would have been ok if my chest measurement had not budged).  Not too shabby for 10-days of work and I feel GREAT! I have a ton of energy and can think really clearly. It’s awesome.

So do I have you thinking about starting a 10-day juice fast? If so, here are my top 10 tips for starting out in addition to the post I wrote a few days ago about the ins and outs of my juice fast.

1. Consult your doctor. You should never attempt this without talking to your doctor first.
  2. Cook meals for your family ahead of time. I am a nibbler when I cook and I knew that if I had to cook while on this, I would slip up. So I removed the temptation and pre-made meals for my husband to heat up.
  3. Stop drinking caffeine ahead of time. Because I’m a pretty regular coffee drinker I was pretty sure I’d get some caffeine headaches if I quit cold turkey so I weened myself off a week before juicing.
  4. Drink plenty of water. You need to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. I drank between 70-90 oz a day.
  5. Be sure to juice enough. I drank a juice every 3-4 hours in order to keep my blood sugar and energy up. Each juice measured 15-25 oz. for a total of about 75 oz of juice consumed a day (4 drinks per day).
  6. Give yourself a few days to adjust. This is new for your body so be patient when you are first starting out.
  7. Take some time to explore how you are feeling. The 10 days will be a lot more productive if you take a few minutes everyday to reflect on how you feel.
  8. Get plenty of sleep. Spend some time relaxing before heading to bed and give your body time to repair at night.
  9. Measure yourself both physically and mentally along the way. In addition to point 7 above, I measured my physical progress too. I lost a little weight everyday and that helped me stay motivated.
  10. Consult your doctor. This is so important I had to mention it again. I am not a health professional and my experience should not be taken as advice.
Let me know if you plan to do juice fast of any kind. I’d love to cheer you on so leave a comment below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

15 comments on “juicing results & top 10 tips

1. Blond Duck on said:

Popped in from SITS! A 24 inch waist? I’d be all over that!

2. I have no staminia to drink vegetables…I can barely eat them. by the way..your ets shop is to cute! stopping over from thesitsgirls!

• Deanna on said:

Thanks for stopping by and for the compliments on my shop! Yeah, the juice fast would probably be really difficult if you're not a big fan of veggies. Although I have found that the more veggies you eat, the more you begin to like them and try different ones. I have been amazed at how our taste buds can change over time. My husband was a meat & potatoes guy when I met him and now he'll even eat my tofu dishes! Small steps and the right recipes can do wonders.

3. Pingback: tofu tacos | Little Green Bow

4. Pingback: march challenge | Little Green Bow

5. amanda on said:

Deanna! Did you keep the weight off? I know some weight will be gained once you start eating solid foods, how did it go? I’m about to do a 10 day fast starting tomorrow

6. happyfamilytravels on said:

Amazing – have to know though, were you starving during it??
    My recent post Love is a Serious Mental Disease

• Deanna on said:

You would be surprised. I was actually not starving after the 2nd day. I would hear my tummy growl every 4 hours, but felt great after each juice.

7. Shirley on said:

Stopping by from SITS, wow that is amazing congrats on the results. I am not sure I would have the will power to juice fast but with your results it sounds very tempting. Have been able to keep the weight off?

• Deanna on said:

The juicing itself was actually easier than expected, but unfortunately no. I have not kept all of the weight off. Most of it though so I'm not complaining.

8. nicole on said:

I started my very first juice fast today. I have excellent willpower. I am planning to go as long as I can go. I had a baby 9 months ago and the excuses are over! I need to lose 10 pounds or I'm gonna freak out. Thank you for posting your weight loss. I've been looking all over trying to figure out how much weight I can expect to lose. This helps motivate me.

9. saninpanama on said:

Beginning my 10 day juice fast tonight….am excited and READY!!

10. I reallyl want to do a juice fast but I don't have a juicer. Can I use my blender as a starting point?

11. On day 2 and feeling great!