Time for more DIY crafts. I had planned to post my bedroom dresser this week, but alas, I did not get to the fabric store. The poor thing has been 95% finished since October! It’s been stripped, painted and polyurethaned and all I need to do is add some fabric to the side panels. Geesh!

Since I didn’t get to the dresser this week, I whipped up this fun, super easy pillow for Valentine’s Day instead.

Cute, right?!?

So here’s how I put it together.

1. Measure and cut out your fabric pieces. This is for a 14″ pillow so I cut out 1 – 16″ square and 2 – 16″ x  18.5″ rectangles.

2. Draw a heart on the backside of the square. I only drew half of the heart and then folded it on half, pinned it, and cut it out so it would be symmetrical.

3. Cut out a red piece of fabric and pin it to the heart on the inside of the pillow.

4. Sew around the heart using a straight stitch.

5. Hem one long side of the rectangles.

6. Pin the right sides together and sew all around the outside of the square to make an envelope enclosure pillow.

7. Turn it right side out. Press it. And add your pillow.

Sharing here:
Homework
Uncommonly Yours
Cheap Crafty Mom Valentine Party
Rae Gun Ramblings
Ginger Snap Crafts
An Original Belle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

35 comments on “valentine’s pillow

1. Gretchen on said:

Hi, Deanna! I love your blog. Wonderful projects! I want this pillow. Now if I could just figure out how to thread my sewing machince … SO glad you stopped by and introduced yourself. If you need a SITS31dbbb buddy, would love to! ~ Gretchen from threelittlemonkeysstudio.com.

• Deanna on said:

Hi Gretchen. I'd love to be buddies! I'll send you an email this afternoon so we can connect. As for sewing, I have found You Tube to be a great teacher. It's full of awesome tutorials and really helps since I am a visual learner.

2. karahill on said:

How cute! I may be making this soon…..

3. wswswsws thats me blowing the dust off my sewing machine LOL I love this idea..I love it….I need to make this for the hubby b/c he is always saying I take all the pillows so if I made him his own special pillow he would know its his lOL

Thanks you are going to make me crafty yet…

Pamela
    Still Dating My Spouse http://stilldatingmyspouse.wordpress.com

• You can do it! I grew up with a crafty mom so that's helped, but I love trying new things and seeing how far I can take it. Your husband would feel very special with a heart pillow that was all his own.

4. Very cute

5. feltsocute on said:

Love the cut out look – I have a whole bench of Valentine pillows I drag out this time of the year and I think it's crying out for one of these ~ thanks for the inspiration!

6. @angie608 on said:

So Cute! I have a project for this weekend. Off to Joanne's right now!

7. MeganSweeney on said:

Adorable!!

8. Michael on said:

Wow…that’s very crafty. I have no crafty skills at all so I’m very impressed.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I would love to be your blog buddy.

9. So simple but so festive! Great job! I’d be thrilled if you’d share it here:

10. This turned out great! Good job. I hope you will link up to my I Heart Projects Party! http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart…

11. Yes, it IS cute! Love it paired with the zig-zag ruffle pillow!

Perfect for a pop of color and a bit of whimsy (boy, did I sound like my grandma when I said that! ; )).

I would absolutely love it if you would link this up at Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL!

So looking forward to seeing you there!

P.S. I’m a new subscriber. : )

~Abbie

12. Melissa on said:

That is lovely, well done!

13. marissa on said:

that turned out great I hope you'll add this to my What We Wore and Made link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

14. cheapcraftymama on said:

Those are so cute! I would love for you to link up at my new Valentine Party at www.cheapcraftymama.com!

15. Claiming Our SPace on said:

I have a thing for pillow covers and I think this may need to be added to my collection. (Saw your post on Keeping it Simple)

16. Betsy Pool on said:

Very cute and looks pretty easy! Thanks for sharing this on the Take it on Tuesday blog hop! I’m pinning this to share it!!

17. Debra Howard on said:

That turned out so cute!

18. Pingback: How to cut glass at home using simple items you already have | Little Green Bow

19. Thank you all for the lovely comments. Sorry I was working so hard this past week and did not get a chance to respond to you individually. Please know that your kind words have put a smile on my face and made my week. Off to check out some fun blog hops and linky parties!

20. Pingback: l-o-v-e art | Little Green Bow

21. Pingback: diy silhouette easter art | Little Green Bow

22. Deanna on said:

Thank you! I'm all linked up.