Love brownies? Love cake batter? Love white chocolate? Yes. Yes. Yes.
Then you will love these cake batter blondies! I found the recipe while browsing Pinterest and since we had some friends over for dinner this weekend, I had the perfect opportunity to make them. And let me tell you…they were yummy and delicious!
Ready for more good news? No, they are not low calorie or healthy, but they are easy to make and the ingredient list is pretty short. In fact there are only 5 – 6 ingredients on the list and most are pantry staples. Wait, sprinkles are not a staple in your house? Do yourself a favor and pick up the big bottle of sprinkles next time you are at the grocery store. You’ll be glad you did.
Cake batter blondies come together very quickly and are almost as easy as making brownies from a box. The mixture is pretty thick before baking.
But they bake up beautifully! Yummy, yummy, yummy! It’s going to take all of your will power to let them cool off before slicing and enjoying. Good luck eating just one!
Here’s the recipe if you are so inclined to make these too.
Cake Batter Blondies
Quick, simple, and delicious these cake batter blondies are to die for!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1-2 Tablespoons sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, oil, and egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add milk to bowl. You want the batter to remain as dense as possible. (I forgot this and added it all at once, but it still turned out ok.)
- Fold in white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x9 square pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
Little Green Bow http://littlegreenbow.com/