hello & goodbye – diy entryway signs

May 20, 2012, In: creative DIY ideas

Today’s DIY creative idea will show you an easy way to make word art with any words you like using a simple online tool. This would be a fun way to create and display your wedding vows or a favorite song lyrics like these:

Source: etsy.com via Jaime on Pinterest

It’s really simple to do using a website called Wordle.net. All you need to do is enter in the words you want to display. The more times a word is included, the larger it shows up in the finished word collage.

I decided to create signs for our front entry that welcomed our guests with a hello sign and bade them farewell with a goodbye sign. I thought it would be a fun way to dress up a wall that doesn’t serve much purpose.

DIY Entryway Art

Using Google Translate, I searched for “hello” and “goodbye” in different languages. The more times I added them to my Wordle collage, the larger they showed up in my finished piece.

Hello & Goodbye International Art

Now that these signs are up, I hope to add a shelf with hooks to make it more of an entry and place to put our keys, bags, umbrellas, etc.

Hello and Goodbye Art for Your Entryway

Check back later this week for a detailed tutorial on using Wordle.

What do you think? Do you like the international spin I put on it? Would you use Wordle and if so, what would you like to create?

I’m linking here:

Whipperberry | Tatertots & Jello | ShabbyNest | Be Different, Act Normal | Lolly Jane Boutique | Family Ever After | The Creative Paige | 5 Days, 5 Ways | I Heart Nap Time | C.R.A.F.T | Sew Can Do | Keeping It Simple | Under the Table & Dreaming |Skip to My Lou | Nifty Thrifty Things | Petite Hermine | Home Stories A2Z | Romance on a Dime | A Bowl Full of Lemons | Homework | Tip Junkie | Lil Luna | Ginger Snap Crafts | It’s Overflowing | Night Owl Crafting | The Shady Porch | Junk in Their Trunk | Uncommon | The Artsy Girl Connection | Fabulously Flawed | Delightful Order | Between U & Me | Today’s Creative Blog | One Artsy Mama | Miss Mustard Seed | Classy Clutter | Decorating Insanity | Craft-O-Maniac | Goings on in Texas | Sew Chatty | The Girl Creative | Making the World Cuter | DIY Home Sweet Home | Vintage Mauve | Singing 3 Little Birds | Sugar Bee Crafts | The Creative Crate | Feathered Nest | How to Nest for Less | Mrs. Hines Class

1. Pingback: 10 DIY Dorm Room Decorating Projects

2. Pingback: create free word art in 3 steps | Little Green Bow

3. Pingback: Take it on Tuesday blog hop #31: Hall Closet Organization « Romance on a Dime

4. Pingback: Saturday’s Show & Tell Showcase «

• Sharon
    • May 24, 2012

I LOVE this!!! I've never heard of wordle….I'm so excited! My wheels are really turning now! Thanks for sharing your creative talent at Show & Tell and for introducing us to wordle. I'm looking forward to the tutorial.

Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    My recent post show & tell, no. 23

• CHT
    • May 23, 2012

I love this idea! I have pinned it to my DIY craft board. And I would love to have you come by, link up and show off this project at the Creative Corner Hop. The linky party begins every Monday and stay open all week.

Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures
    My recent post Father's Day Gift Guide

Thanks for the pin! I'll be sure to stop by your link party.

5. Nice!!! I have used wordle before, but it's been awhile. Thanks for reminding me of it!! This looks really good. I might have to do something similar!

Thanks for sharing at Romance on a Dime. I'm pinning this.
    My recent post Take it on Tuesday blog hop #30: Craft Closet Organization

• journeyintoscratch
    • May 22, 2012

I love Wordle! And… they look even better on canvas than on my computer! I'd love for you to share this tutorial on my brand new link party!

Sarah @ http://www.naptimedelights.blogspot.com

• recipeforabeautifullife
    • May 22, 2012

These are so cool! I love the idea of doing song lyrics!
    My recent post Food is Joy

I am so going to have to check out Wordle. I could see this also being a great place to create a family montage. Everyone gets to include their names and a few words that describe them or the family. This is neat! I'd love to have you link this up to Titus 2 Tuesday on Cornerstone Confessions.

Hopping over from A Bowl Full of Lemons.

Kathy

Great idea to use "hello" and "goodbye". It looks so nice and that wordle website is lots of fun. Found you through Tip Junkie. I linked up there as well this week.
    My recent post Apple Pie with a Flaky Cream Cheese Crust

I'm in LOVE with this idea. I've played around with Wordle before but never thought to turn it into an entryway project. It would be fun to have words to describe your home/family when you walk in as well.
    Cute!
    My recent post Zucchini Bruschetta Bake

I love this! What a great way to greet and say goodbye to your guests! :-)

~Crystal

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com
    My recent post Leather-like brown paper bag origami wallet

• Amy
    • May 21, 2012

How fun! I love wordle! I have a friend who did an oversized "family tree" on wordle, with the first names of the family several generations back on both sides. It looks really cool. I love your hello and goodbye!

Oh, interesting! I bet that tree looked amazing.