I have been so bad about taking photos while cooking lately. I’ve made lots of yummy things too, but for some reason photographing them has not been on the top of my mind.

So instead of sharing a full recipe today, I am going to share a tip. It’s so simple that it will change your life (okay, maybe a bit dramatic, but I think it’s awesome)! I’m going to show you how to cook and shred a frozen chicken breast in 25 minutes. Yep, now you can get home from work and get a meal on the table without having to preplan and fuss too much.

How to Shred Chicken in 30 Seconds

First, I do a little prep work when I purchase my chicken. I buy fresh chicken breasts and spend 20 minutes cutting the fat off of all of them at once. When that’s done, I put each breast in a separate plastic baggie and then load them all into one big gallon size bag before freezing them. This saves you from having to thaw the breast to cut off the fat or picking the fat off after cooking. And since I do them all at once, there is only one messy clean up job.

Now that we’re ready to cook, let’s move on…

Second, place one frozen chicken breast into a sauce pan and fill it with water. Boil the frozen chicken breast for 20 minutes on medium heat – more than a simmer, but not enough to splash water all over your stove.

Third, when the chicken is cooked through, pour some of the hot water into your stand mixer bowl to heat it up. (You can skip this step if you are planning to heat up your chicken again).

Fourth, empty the bowl and place the warm chicken at the bottom. Using the paddle attachment, turn on the mixer to 1 or 2. After 30 seconds you will have perfectly shredded chicken!

I have also found that using this method of shredding chicken produces a finer “strings” and feels like more meat than when I used to shred chicken with two forks or my fingers. This means that I can get away with fixing one chicken breast for my husband and I instead of two. So not only is it super simple, but it’s cost effective. Score!

I’m linking here:

Whipperberry | Tatertots & Jello | ShabbyNest | Be Different, Act Normal | Lolly Jane Boutique | Family Ever After | The Creative Paige | 5 Days, 5 Ways | I Heart Nap Time | C.R.A.F.T | Sew Can Do | Keeping It Simple | Under the Table & Dreaming |Skip to My Lou | Nifty Thrifty Things | Petite Hermine | Home Stories A2Z | Romance on a Dime | A Bowl Full of Lemons | Homework | Tip Junkie | Lil Luna | Ginger Snap Crafts | It’s Overflowing | Night Owl Crafting | The Shady Porch | Junk in Their Trunk | Uncommon | The Artsy Girl Connection | Fabulously Flawed | Delightful Order | Between U & Me | Today’s Creative Blog | One Artsy Mama | Miss Mustard Seed | Classy Clutter | Decorating Insanity | Craft-O-Maniac | Goings on in Texas | Sew Chatty | The Girl Creative | Making the World Cuter | DIY Home Sweet Home | Vintage Mauve | Singing 3 Little Birds | Sugar Bee Crafts | The Creative Crate | Feathered Nest | How to Nest for Less | Mrs. Hines Class

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

17 comments on “easy shredded chicken

1. Fiona on said:

Wow, this is so fantastic that I will have to pin it! :)

2. karahill on said:

I've never even thought of this…I'm totally remembering this for next time I need shredded chicken! thanks for the tip!

3. Sharon on said:

What a great tip. I still use forks and fingers to shred chicken. I'm glad to know there's a better way. Thank you for sharing this useful tip at Show & Tell. So glad to have you join in!

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

• Deanna on said:

This is such a timesaver! I used to dread making recipes with shredded chicken. Now they are some of my favorites!

4. This is brilliant! I just shredded chicken for dinner tonight!!! I am pinning this!!

5. debtfreedecorating on said:

This is so helpful! I just love the way you've explained this. I've started a link-up especially for budget chicken meals and info, just like this. Would you mind linking this up at http://debtfreemommyblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-… ?

6. Betsy@RomanceOnaDime on said:

Wow – never though of this!! That's a great tip. I'm pinning this. Thanks for sharing at Romance on a Dime!!
    My recent post Weekly Grocery Deals & Frugal Recipe: Summer Berry & Plum Pudding

7. mwedwards815 on said:

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! (I am stopping by from SITS Girls)
    My recent post Baby steps are ok …

8. Experienced Bad Mom on said:

Stopping by from SITS. Would love to try this, but I don't have a mixer. Or like to cook! :)
    My recent post Experienced Bad Mom and Attachment Parenting

9. organizedisland on said:

Awesome! I love SIMPLE! Found you on SITS!
    My recent post Another School Year Ending

10. Taylor on said:

Thank you so much for linking up this great tutorial on how to easily shred chicken at my Unveil Your Genius link party last week. I hope you'll link up again soon! http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/05/unveil-y…
    My recent post Unveil Your Genius Link Party #12

11. petite hermine on said:

Wow, genius! Such a great idea!
    petite hermine recently posted..What Kind of Geek Are You? {infographic}

12. Mandy on said:

really great idea!
    Found you via The Shady Porch- cute blog you have! :)
    Mandy