I was nominated for a sunshine award by the super sweet Amy from A Home-Made. She has a cute blog that talks about her adventures as a stay at home mom and all the fun things she and her kids make and do together. I’m delighted I met her through blogging and that we have become friends.
Amy sent me an email this morning to let me know she was passing along the “Sunshine Award” to me! This is an award for “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere!” What a fabulous idea and it’s flattering to know someone thinks of me and my blog in that light. Thank you, Amy!
Naturally there are a couple rules involved with receiving the Sunshine Award:
- Thank the person who gave you the Sunshine Award and link back to them
- Answer the 10 questions (below) about yourself on your blog
- Select 10 more bloggers to pass the Sunshine Award on to and link to their blog
- Copy and paste the Sunshine Award to your blog
So here are my answers to the ten questions so you can get to know me better.
- Favorite Color? Green. It’s been my favorite since I was 3-years old.
- Favorite Animal? Hmm, this is tough. Favorite animal for a pet is a dog. A medium to big one though. Favorite animal I’ve seen in the wild is a sea otter. And favorite animal at the zoo is the giraffe.
- Favorite Number? I usually pick 37. Can’t really remember where that came from, but it seems to be my go-to.
- Favorite Drink? Non-alcoholic is unsweetened ice tea. Alcoholic is either a good glass of red wine or a margarita on the rocks with salt.
- Facebook or Twitter? Before I moved to Boulder I would have said Facebook, but Twitter has won me over the last couple years.
- Good Book or Good Movie? I love a good book and of course always think the book is better than the movie, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like watching a good action or suspense flick either.
- Your Passion? If I could pinpoint this, life would be so easy. Let’s just say I’m still in search.
- Giving or Getting Presents? Giving. Finding the perfect gift for someone is so rewarding. Watching them open it and seeing the smile spread across their face makes me melt every time.
- Favorite Day? Two of my favorite days in my life included our engagement and wedding days. Both were perfect for us. But, if this question means every year, I guess I have to stick with the holidays – Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Favorite Flower? Lilies. They smell beautifully and come in so many vibrant colors.
Now it’s my turn to nominate 10 more lucky bloggers. I have a bit of a surprise though. I’ve done a couple of these nominations in the past (7×7 awards
and 11 random things
) so I’d like to spread the love around with 10 new blog buddies. I will be selecting bloggers from the comments I receive over the next few days. All you need to do is comment somewhere on this blog. If I have not nominated you in the past, you’ll be eligible.
Looking forward to meeting some new people and learning more about you!