mmm…mmm..mmm. Today’s recipe post is so yummy I can’t wait to make it again. Brett likes to say that if you take a bunch of yummy things and put them together, you will get something delicious at the end. This homemade pizza recipe is no exception.
This was a really delicious pizza and I can’t wait to make it again. Please forgive the photo of the uncooked pizza. It was gobbled up too fast after cooking.
Chicken, Potato and Sage Pizza
This delicious pizza is great anytime, but the sage is particularly yummy in the fall.
- 1 gold yukon potato
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- pizza crust
- alfredo sauce
- fresh sage leaves
- 1 chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
- basil (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice potato and place on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Cook for 15-20 minutes until browned and somewhat crispy.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and cook the onions and garlic until browned.
- Once all of the items have finished cooking, flatten out a prepared pizza crust. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees. Spread alfredo sauce on the crust and then layer the remaining ingredients in the order listed above.
- Bake pizza for 15 to 20 minutes, until crust is crispy and cheese is brown around the edges.
- Slice and enjoy!
Little Green Bow http://littlegreenbow.com/
Do you have any favorite pizza combinations? I’m always looking for new pizzas so I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.