Create Your Own Valentine's Heart Pillow
Time for more DIY crafts. I had planned to post my bedroom dresser this week, but alas, I did not get to the fabric store. The poor thing has been 95% finished since October! It’s been stripped, painted and polyurethaned and all I need to do is add some fabric to the side panels. Geesh!
Since I didn’t get to the dresser this week, I whipped up this fun, super easy heart pillow for Valentine’s Day instead.
So here’s how I put it together.
1. Measure and cut out your fabric pieces. This is for a 14″ pillow so I cut out 1 – 16″ square and 2 – 16″ x 18.5″ rectangles.
2. Draw a heart on the backside of the square. I only drew half of the heart and then folded it on half, pinned it, and cut it out so it would be symmetrical.
3. Cut out a red piece of fabric and pin it to the heart on the inside of the pillow.
4. Sew around the heart using a straight stitch.
5. Hem one long side of the rectangles.
6. Pin the right sides together and sew all around the outside of the square to make an envelope enclosure pillow.
7. Turn it right side out. Press it. And add your pillow.
The Shabby Nest
Tatertots & Jello
Be Different, Act Normal
I Can’t Stop Crafting
I Heart Nap Time
Sew Can Do
The Girl Creative
Itsy Bitsy Paper
Keeping It Simple
One Artsy Mama
5 Days, 5 Ways
Today’s Creative Blog
Home Stories A2Z
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Romance on a Dime
Cheap Crafty Mom Valentine Party
Rae Gun Ramblings
Ginger Snap Crafts
An Original Belle