A DIY Father’s Day Gift from the Kids (that he’ll love!)
A DIY Father's Day Gift from the Kids (That He'll Love!)
With Father’s Day just around the corner, it’s time to buy your gifts for Dad. If you’re a mom and looking for something more on the handmade side that the kids can give their Daddy, this DIY Father’s Day gift might be perfect for you.
Your kids might be too little to buy a Father’s Day gift on their own, but that doesn’t mean their dad doesn’t get a gift, so that led you to looking for DIY gift ideas and you landed here. If that’s you, then welcome! I’m thrilled you’ve joined me.
If you’re like me, you want a gift that will not add more “stuff” to your home. We’re in the middle of a decluttering kick so adding another thing to our house, is not something I do lightly.
Side note – if you are looking for a thoughtful and useful gift, I have a 2019 Father’s Day Gift Guide here.
Okay, back to the DIY Father’s Day gift that brought you here. This is a printable book you can put together with your children. The pages are customizable so if you have one child you can print out the page for the whole book and if you have more children, you can print out the chapter pages.
It’s simple and comes together in 5 minutes. (I do not include the cooperation time of your kids actually coloring the pictures, answering the questions, or signing their names. Is mine the only one that has to be in the right mood to color?)
Here’s the front cover of the book after I glued it together and cut it out.
The “A Little Bit About Dad” book is available for free via download at the end of this post. Here are the instructions for putting it together.
- Printer paper – at least 4 sheets (more can be added for each child)
- Glue Stick
- Pens/Crayons to complete the book
1. Using a color printer, print out each of the pages single sided.
2. Fold the blue cover page with the color facing out along the middle white line.
3. Fold the inside pages with the color facing in along the light gray line.
4. Using the glue stick, cover the inside front cover. Line up the second page along the middle fold and press firmly so the pages stick together.
5. Repeat the process of glueing the pages together, trying to line up the middle seam as closely as possible.
6. When all pages have been added, glue the back cover to the last page.
7. Trim the excess paper.
8. Have your kids decorate the book. (Tip: If you have more than one child, you can have them decorate their pages at the same time before adding them to the book)
Ta da! Super simple and you now have a book that will melt his heart.
It’s fun to make these books with your kids because you never know what they are going to say. Your little ones may say something super funny or really sweet, but either way, this DIY Father’s Day gift is one he will treasure.
P.S. Looking to live a calmer more purposeful life? Join me for a 90-Day Curated Life Bootcamp. Over the course of 14 weeks, I will help you create a life filled with only the things that mean the most to you. From decluttering your home and wardrobe to looking at how to replenish the positivity in your life, we will thoughtfully examine how to get the life you want. And I’ll include productivity tips so you can make sure to get it all done too.